Saturday 2 April 2011

Trip to Bradgate Park

The aim of going to Bradgate at the end of the year as our final project from visual design was to show how much we have improved (or should have) however as I was probably too hungover last time (sorry) so i missed the first trip there and never found the effort to go.

We got to the bus station but couldn’t for the life of us find C14, our desired stop. But after lots of confusion and a sandwich we eventually found it.

I was stunned by the park, and also by the prices in the cafĂ© (£1.60 for water!! What a rip, but as I was hungover I gave in, desperately needed water)

We got a few sketches done but it was way too windy. Seriously need to invest in some clips for my sketchbook so it doesn’t flail everywhere whilst I try to attempt work. eventually I surcame to taking pictures . Heres a couple of prep sketches I did that im particually proud of. My final at the moment a WIP from this image. I started the final sketch there and I plan on using this image to fill in the detail.

The day did turn pretty catastrophic at the end however. We knew the buses came over hour but not sure when. But wating at the bus stop for 40 minutes I started to get a little suspicious about wether or not it would come. So I decided to ring the travel company for the bus times. After describing where I was and where I wanted to go, I was horrified to hear the woman respond ‘sorry no buses till tomorrow morning’

Oh, shiiiiiiit…

So great, stranded in Cropston, 8 miles away from home, cold, tired from walking the whole day, penniless due to a pint of Peroni and it was getting dark... I need a cigarette. We contemplated walking, hoping we’d get picked up on a dual carriage way by traffic police. Luckily I was meant to be going round my friend’s house from Leicester of uni, i got a phonecall from him as at this point it was getting late. I explained the situation and he agreed to come pick us up, yessss. Just had to wait another hour for him to come find us.

Heres just a few of the photos I took from bradgate.

No comments:

Post a Comment