Monday 4 April 2011

Assessment numerous 2

What a fucking waster

Well reaching the end of semester 2 and the end of the year, it was once again time for assessments. The one thing I was glad about was that my work wouldn’t have to be presented in front of the first second and third year game art students. I think I might have died.

The day started off in the labs, working on my gun project as the deadline was that day (managed to finish with plenty of time to spare and actually write a half decent design document)

I was surprised that people were being called in in alphabetically in order of FIRST names. Which meant I had like no time to upload my work to Facebook. I was still editing pictures before my name was called and I was summoned into room 8.7.

I’ve progressed slowly but surely in game production which is nice to hear seeing as I was close to dropping out of the course at the start of the year. I’ve felt my work on 3dsmax improving over the year gradually becoming more comfortable with the software. Although there are still a lot of things I don’t understand. But over summer my aim is to go through all of the tasks on blackboard and bring myself up to scratch, and also not to forget how to use max over the ridiculously long summer.

After this was Chris’s turn. Honestly I’ve been a bit of an idiot this year. Finding it difficult to find the time to keep up with the workload and I wasn’t at all surprised with the outcome of – I need to do more work, or I’m gonna fail! So I’ve got 30 days to catch up and so far so good. My aim – to complete at least 1 or 2 pages a day which should hopefully bring me up to date, hopefully. Oh and take Chris’s advice about my habits. If you’re reading this, yes I am gonna cut down, and not let it become an issue. Get high AFTER I’ve done work.

Things just got worse from here. Over the year ive been neglecting the blog, and to no surprise I ‘achieved’ a fail grade for that. Sorry Mike. Not only have I got to complete the mandatory tasks but I only wrote about lectures once in the whole year. So im gonna try and catch up on this too.

I can tell its going to be a nice relaxing Easter. Hahaha nooooo chance. Ive really got to work my arse of if I want any chance of staying on this course next year, which I really do even though it may not seem so at the moment. But I do, really. I need to sort my priorities life out.

1 comment: