Tuesday 18 October 2011

FREE CHAIRS ! ! ! !

Were given out today at the Newalk Dinosaur museum. Which I honestly found quite amazing, more so actually than the fossils themselves. Who woulda thought ?

Despite the initial joy of FREE CHAIRS, after about 10 minutes of drawing I hadn’t realised my leg had completely fallen asleep and I so very almost collapsed when I tried to stand up.

I looked a fool.

The museum was pretty interesting, but there was a lot of background noise. Forgot how large quantities of small children can be so annoying. For some reason, It being half term and all, parents take their kids to museums. Which meant it was super busy with over excited kids running around everywhere screaming (and learning )

The security guard didn’t look too impressed either when about 30 Game Art students strolled into the gallery setting up chairs all around the exhibits. He threw a bit of a hissy fit ( not really ) and we had to split into two groups, half downstairs drawing stuffed animals and the other upstairs drawing dried up fossils.

Loughborough

So this time I actually made it to the right station *pats self on back. This was right up my street, definitely enjoy drawing bits of machinery and mechanical bits and bobs over natural things. There was a such a diverse variety of things to draw so I could happily spend the day with my head in my sketchbook. I was blessed with the weather providing a lovely day of drawing.

All the staff were surprisingly nice as well. An old man approached me and asked if I wanted to see inside the shed


Bit dodgy ?

He said put a pound in the box and you can stroll round providing you stick to the paths. Inside were lots of machinery so I guess the shed was where the mechanics repair old engines and such. I also got some nice pictures from inside there which was quite a bonus *upload to flickr.

So yeah, great central railway IN Loughborough, MUCH better than Loughborough Train Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment