Sunday 21 November 2010

My personal Gaming History

From a young age I’ve always had my head glued to a screen, this started when I received my first GameBoy as a Christmas present, which would later be replaced by a GameBoy colour due to a clumsy mistake and it ending up smashed and in a puddle. Mario and Mario 2 were the first games I can remember playing, literally for hours on end. For an incredibly simple game it seemed to have endless replay value. 

I never experienced the NES in all its greatness, my console gaming started with the PlayStation 1. I fell in love with the system after visiting my cousins house where we would all wake up as early as we could before our parents did so we could play as much Tekken and Crash Bandicoot before our parents forced us away from the TV. From here I became a bit of a PlayStation fanboy, games on the system were immense, and my favourite games from this era would have to be Tony Hawks Skateboarding (which imho is now dead and has been replaced by EA’s Skate) destruction Derby and Road Rash (fucking awesome game)

Imo some the best games were released on the PS2. Resident Evil 4 has got to be in my list of top 5 video games (resi 5 was shit!) from start to finish the game is so atmospheric, along the course of the game some of the enemies literally scared me so much, the regenerators give me shudders just thinking about them. However I was disappointed with resi 5 for multiple reasons. My first thought playing the game was that it feels more like an action game compared to the atmosphere of the previous titles. They also removed the backpack, weirdly I loved organising it to fit as much in as possible, moving items around and combining my herbs (the green erb was my favourite)

My PlayStation fanboy days would come to an end… I had discovered PC gaming! So now, apparently, I’m an elitist of the gaming world. well, better than being a console tard. Plus I didn’t wanna spend £425 for the thing! I was convinced into buying Battlefield 2 (One of my first multiplayer games) which was a bad idea as I accidentally spent almost a whole summer playing it. To sum up the game - 64player battles on huge maps, lots of vehicles and massive variety in gameplay. It’s also a good example of games where teamwork is key and I’m a big fan of competitive gaming.

 Another classic from the FPS genre is Counter Strike: Source. Despite the 10 years it’s been out, there are still thousands of populated servers. What’s makes CS:S great is the gameplay, in that it requires skill. But I swear plaything this game stoned is practically wall hacking. Holding down your trigger finger is a sure way to fail. Steam also released an update to bring the game up to modern standards.

http://store.steampowered.com/css

Achievements, ACHEIVMENTS!! Right, im gonna go play some Counter Strike…

And Just for the hell of it, my top 10 games

10 – Medieval 2 Total War
9   - Limbo
8   - Shadow of The Colossus
7   - Fallout 3
6   - Skate
5   - ICO
4   - Resident Evil 4
3   - Battlefield 2
2   - Stuntman
1   - Counter Strike

No comments:

Post a Comment