Tuesday 8 November 2011

The worlds most fustrating puzzle...

And annoying, I forgot annoying.

The puzzle if you are wondering is punching packing UV’s into a texture sheet. It’s kinda like Tetris, but without the catchy music and fun. 

Seeing as we have to save texture space by making sure we use as much of the page as possible, I decided to go all out and literally cover the page with UVs. So I start to pack them only to realise my efforts have ended with many gaps and spaces.

So then I decided to make all of them bigger and try my luck squeezing them in. I went overboard, a little ambitious with how much I enlarged them, but no biggie ill work it out. 

I spent upmost of 45 minutes starring at green lines on a texture page (swear I could hear the tetris theme tune) But eventually after resorting/organising/scaling/spacing/prioritising/rotating, they all just slotted in !

Huzzah !

One thing I can be proud of, is that my UVs are MUCH denser packed than the computers effort.

1-0 to me ? computer cant even colour within in the lines ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment